You can use this method to set up your SoundTouch system by first joining its own built-in Wi-Fi network, and then connecting to your home Wi-Fi network.
Disconnect any USB cable or Ethernet cable connected to the SoundTouch system
Put the system in alternate setup mode:
- Press and hold the button on the amplifier for about 3 seconds until the Wi-Fi indicator glows solid amber
On your computer or mobile device, turn on Wi-Fi and connect to "Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi Network." (Note: It may take a minute for the network to appear in your device’s network list)
Once connected open your device’s web browser, type http://192.0.2.1 in the address field and choose “Go” or press “Enter” to access the SoundTouch Wi-Fi setup screen
In the setup screen, select your home Wi-Fi network from the network drop-down list and type your network password if required (Note: The password field might not be selectable if no password is required)
Choose "CONNECT" and wait for the system’s Wi-Fi indicator to turn solid white. This might take 60 seconds
Once the indicator is solid white, choose “CONTINUE”
Open your device's Wi-Fi settings and connect to your home Wi-Fi network
Once connected, follow these steps to complete setup:
- Install and open the SoundTouch app on your device
- Select the Menu icon (≡) in the top left corner
Note: On desktops and tablets, if the Menu icon (≡) is not visible, the slide out menu might already be open
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Add or Reconnect Speaker"
- Select "Speaker Already Connected to Network" and follow the app instructions