A fully charged battery provides approximately three hours of use at maximum volume. The rate of battery discharge varies with the volume setting. You can extend the battery playback time by reducing the volume.
Checking the battery
The battery status indicator is normally off to conserve battery power. To check the charge level, press and hold the power button and observe the battery indicator.
- Green: 70% or more of full charge
- Yellow: 20% to 70% of full charge
- Red: 20% or less (charge needed)
Battery protection mode
When the SoundLink® speaker is unplugged and unused for more than 14 days, it enters battery protection mode to preserve battery power. To reactivate the speaker, connect it to AC power. You can immediately use the system while the battery charges.
Charging the battery
The battery status indicator on the SoundLink® speaker flashes red when the battery needs charging. The battery can be charged whether the cover is opened or closed.
To charge the battery, follow these steps:
- From the power supply, insert the DC power cord plug into the DC jack on the back of the SoundLink® speaker
- Plug the power supply into an AC power outlet. The speaker emits a tone to confirm the power connection
Recommended charging time is 3 hours. The battery status indicator indicates charging status.
- Yellow: Battery charging
- Off: Charging cycle done
Replacing the battery
The battery should be replaced when:
- The battery status light remains yellow after 10 hours of charging
- The period of battery operation noticeably decreases
For replacement batteries, contact Bose customer support.