You can program your system’s universal remote to control up to five audio/video devices.
- Locate the TV section in the universal remote device codes book included with your system
- Locate the device code(s) for your brand of TV and select a code from the list
- On the remote, press and hold Setup until all five source buttons light. The remote is now in setup mode
- Press TV. Only this button will remain lit
- On the number keypad, enter the device code for your brand of TV. The TV source button will blink twice and then turn off
- Point the remote at your TV and press TV power. If your TV does not respond, go back to Step 1 and try another code
Note: If all five source buttons flash rapidly three times, the code was invalid. Go back to Step 1 and try another code.
Follow the same procedure for each of your other devices, using the appropriate device code and source button for each one.
- If you are programming the remote to control a combination device that has more than one source, such as a VCR/DVD unit, you can program the associated code for either source button. For convenience, you may want to program the code twice—once for the VCR button and once for the DVD button
- To find the right device code, first search the “COMBINATION” listings in the universal remote device codes book. If you cannot find a valid code there, search the listings for individual device types (TV, CBL, VCR, DVD, etc.)