Your universal remote can be programmed to control your TV, cable / satellite box, DVD / Blu-ray Disc™ player, game system and two additional auxiliary devices.
Programming your remote
Programming your remote to control other devices:
- Power on your source (i.e. TV or cable box)
- Locate the code for your source’s brand in the Universal Remote Device Codes book (provided)
- On the remote control, press and hold the appropriate source button (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. Only the appropriate source button will glow
- On the number keypad, enter the code for your source’s brand Note: If all six buttons blink three times, you entered an invalid code. Repeat steps 3 and 4
- Press + on the volume button
- Test the source for basic functions (i.e. channel up/down, menu and guide)
- If your source responds to basic functions, press Exit to save your settings
- If your source does not respond to basic functions, press + on the volume button to select another code and test again for basic functionality. Repeat steps 5 - 7 until you find a code that works
Programming your remote to power on/off your system, TV and cable/satellite box together:
Once you have programmed your remote to control your TV and cable/satellite device, you can set the power button on your remote to power on/off your system, TV and cable/satellite box simultaneously. To enable or disable this feature, follow these steps:
- On your remote, press and hold the CBL/SAT and TV buttons simultaneously
- Hold the buttons for ten seconds until both buttons flash three times to confirm the change
Note: If a device's on/off commands become out-of-sync, press the remote's source button for the device that is out-of-sync (i.e. CBL/SAT) and then press the source power button to re-sync it.