If the soundbar is not responding to power, volume, and source selection commands from the provided remote, try the following:
Operate the remote within 20 feet (6 meters) of the soundbar as this is its maximum operating range
Remove any obstructions that may be blocking the remote signal receivers on the far left and right ends of the front of the soundbar
Install a set of new batteries in the remote. If you've recently replaced the batteries, be sure the position of the + and - symbols on the batteries match the + and - markings inside the battery compartment
Reset the soundbar by unplugging its power cord from the power outlet, waiting 30 seconds, then firmly plugging the power cord back into a working outlet
If you purchased the optional Bose Soundbar Universal Remote, and its six source icons are blinking, the remote is not associated with the soundbar.
To reassociate the remote to the soundbar:
- On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list
- Press the Center Navigation button once to put the remote into pairing mode
- Open the Bose Music app and tap on the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner
- Select Settings > Pair New Remote
- Follow the instructions in the app
- Once the remote is found, tap Continue to complete the pairing process
To configure this remote to operate other devices, refer to Programming the universal remote.