The Bose Music app lets you set up and control your product from any mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet. Using the app, your device acts as a remote for the speaker: You can stream music, set and change presets, add music services, explore internet radio stations, configure a voice assistant, and manage speaker settings.
Download the Bose Music app
Download and install the free Bose Music app from your mobile device's app store
Create a Bose account or sign into your existing Bose account
If you don't have a Bose account, select Create Account and follow the app instructions
If you already have a Bose account, tap Log In and enter your username and password
Add your product to your account and network
On the Add Product screen, select your product. If you have multiple products, swipe left or right to find the one you want to setup
Note: If you don't see your product:
- Close the Bose Music app on any nearby devices
- Turn on Bluetooth on the device running the app
- Bring the device running the app close to your product
- Unplug your product from power for 30 seconds
Select your Wi-Fi network from the drop-down list and enter its password. (Note: If you don't see your network, select Manually Enter Wi-Fi and enter you network name, security type, and password)
Tap Submit and wait while the product is connected to your network
Select a name or enter one for your product by choosing Custom Name
Add your music services
Select a music service to add:
- If you already have an account with the service, enter your login name and password
- If you do not already have an account with the service, follow the app instructions to create a new account
Once added, you can select another service to add.
Set up a voice assistant
Note: Voice services are not available in all regions.
Select the voice assistant you wish to use:
- If you already have an account with the voice assistant, enter your login name and password
- If you do not already have an account with the voice assistant, follow the app instructions to create a new account
Select the language that you will use with your voice assistant
Note: To access music services using your voice with the Amazon Alexa assistant, open the Alexa app and add the desired services to your Amazon account.