What is NAS?
- CineMate 220 home cinema system
- CineMate® 120 system
- CineMate® 130 system
- CineMate® 520 system
- Lifestyle 525 Series II home entertainment system
- Lifestyle 535 Series II home entertainment system
- Lifestyle 600 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 135 system II
- Lifestyle® 235 system II
- Lifestyle® 235 system III
- Lifestyle® 525 III system
- Lifestyle® 535 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 135 entertainment system
- Lifestyle SoundTouch 525 system
- Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 system
- Wave® SoundTouch® system
- Wave SoundTouch system IV
- VideoWave III 55
- VideoWave III 46
- SoundTouch 300 soundbar
- SoundTouch AM3 Wi-Fi speaker system
- SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter
- SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch 120 system
- SoundTouch 130 system
- SoundTouch 20 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch® 20 system
- SoundTouch® 220 home theater system
- SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker
- SoundTouch® 30 system
- SoundTouch 520 system
- SoundTouch® Portable system
- SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier
- SoundTouch® Series II wireless adapter
- SoundTouch® Stereo JC system
- SoundTouch® 20 Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® 30 Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® controller
- Bose Lifestyle SoundTouch 235 entertainment system
- SoundTouch® SA-4 amplifier package
- SoundTouch® Portable Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® Stereo JC Series II Wi-Fi® music system
- SoundTouch® wireless adapter
- SoundTouch 300 soundbar
- SoundTouch soundbar system
NAS stands for Network Attached Storage: a system consisting of one or more hard drives, an Ethernet connection and an operating system. Instead of connecting directly to a desktop or laptop computer as a USB portable hard drive does, a NAS drive connects to your wireless router, allowing anyone on the network to access and share files from a central location.
Why use a NAS drive with your SoundTouch system?
One of the main benefits is that your music collection is always available. You don’t have to turn on the computer that stores your music to hear it. Instead, a NAS drive is always connected, so you can access your music collection quickly and easily at any time from the SoundTouch app.
For best results with your SoundTouch system, WD MyCloud or Synology NAS drives are recommended.
However, many other NAS drives will also work. (Please note: SoundTouch systems are not fully DLNA compliant and may or may not have full functionality with other models.)
Configuring NAS drives
While there are many NAS products available, configuration info for some more common products can be found here. Search this site for your brand or model to see if there is info specific to your product.
To setup your NAS drive for use with the SoundTouch app, see Adding a music library to SoundTouch.