The TV sensor is a device that allows the Lifestyle® system to detect whether your TV is on or off. The sensor enables a feature that will turn your TV on automatically when you turn your Lifestyle® system on. The TV sensor is included with your system. To activate the Automatic TV Power feature, follow these steps:
- Lifestyle® 35 Series IV DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 38 Series III DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 38 Series IV DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 48 Series IV DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 48 Series III DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 18 Series II DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 18 Series III DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 28 Series II system
- Lifestyle® 28 Series III DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 35 Series II DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 35 Series III DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 38 DVD home entertainment system
- Lifestyle® 48 DVD home entertainment system
Insert the TV sensor plug into the TV Sensor jack on the top left of the media center connection panel. On the panel, the TV Sensor jack is immediately above two other jacks of the same type in the same column on the panel: the IR Emitter and Serial Data jacks. Be careful not to use the IR emitter and Serial Data jacks
Turn your TV on and select the correct input to view the System menu. This will be the same video input that you use when viewing a DVD on the Bose® system
on the remote, press system. the system menu will display on the tv
press the right arrow to highlight the "video" icon and press enter
press the down arrow to highlight "tv power"
press the right arrow, then the up arrow or down arrow, to highlight "automatic"
note: if you choose not to use the tv sensor, you must have "tv power" set to "manual." if you are using a scart adapter (europe), you must have "tv power" set to "euro connector."
press the left arrow, and then the down arrow, to highlight "tv power status." the message to the right of that heading should read: "tv not detected"
Move the sensor around to the back of the TV until TV Power Status displays "TV On." It may be helpful to have another person watch the TV while you move the sensor
On a projection TV, start at the bottom back of the set close to the power cord connection
On a CRT (picture tube TV), start at the vents on the top of the set
On plasma or LCD televisions, start anywhere near the power cord connection
when tv power displays "tv on," the sensor is in the correct position. use the mounting strip provided to secure the sensor at that location
note: if you cannot find a spot that causes the menu to change to "tv on," it may mean your tv is shielded. in that case, use your lifestyle® remote and press tv on/off to turn your tv on and off.
Now you should be able to turn on the Lifestyle® system and television using the TV, VCR or CBL∙SAT input buttons on the Lifestyle® system remote control. You can also turn the TV and system off simultaneously.