Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Speaker placement and positioning
Speaker placement can affect how your system sounds in the listening area. Get tips on positioning your speakers for the best sound quality.
Spaaker placement suggestions:
Placing the speaker arrays:
- Face each speaker toward the listening area
- Check that both speakers are sitting on their bottom surface
- Place the speakers to the left and right of the TV
- Position both speakers at the front edge of its shelf or surface
- Keep both speakers at the same approximate height
- Leave at least 3' (1 m) between the two speakers and avoid placing a speaker more than 3' (1 m) from the edge of the TV
Placing the Acoustimass bass module:
- Place the Acoustimass module at the same end of the room as the TV and speaker arrays
- Position the bass module at least 3' (1 m) from the edge of the TV
- Do not cover the sound port of the front of the bass module or the ventilation openings on the back of the bass module
- For older CRT TVs, keep the bass module at least 18" (0.5 m) from the TV
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!