NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Programming your remote
The universal remote control for your system can control other devices, like a cable box or Blu-ray player that is connected to your product. Learn how to program the universal remote to control a connected device.
To program your remote:
- Power on the source device you want to control
- On the remote control, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (TV, CBL-SAT or AUX) for about five seconds until the remote light glows
- Enter the source code: The remote light blinks after each digit is entered and turns off once fully entered. If an incorrect code is entered, the light blinks eight times and turns off. If this happens, wait 10 seconds, then try again
Tip: If you need the code booklet, search for and select your product at bose.com/support, then click the Downloads tab
- Point the remote at the source and press the source On/Off button
Tip: If the On/Off button works, try other buttons. If you cannot control or cannot fully control the device, try a different code.
To set a TV channel control button on your remote:
- On the remote control, press and hold the Previous or Last button until the light on the remote glows, then blinks to show the current setting: one blink for TV (default setting); two blinks for CBL-SAT; three blinks for AUX
- Press the button you want to use to control TV channels (TV, CBL-SAT, or AUX). For example, if a cable box is connected to CBL-SAT on the system console, select CBL-SAT. Then, when you press the CBL-SAT button on the remote, you will hear cable sound and be able to change channels
- Press the Exit button to save the setting.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!