Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Features not available with Alexa
The Amazon Alexa assistant is available for integration with non-Amazon devices, like Bose smart speakers. However, some Alexa features that are supported with Amazon Alexa devices are unsupported with non-Amazon Alexa devices. Learn which features are unavailable when using Alexa with a Bose smart speaker.
Some features are not supported when using Alexa with your Bose SoundTouch product.
When using Alexa with your Bose product, the Alexa features listed below are unavailable.
- Communicating via Alexa (i.e. Announcements, calling, messaging, drop-in)
- Notifications (i.e. reminders and named timers)
- Alexa Kindle eBooks
- Ring Doorbell
- Whisper mode
- Changing the wake word from Alexa to something else
- Setting a music service as an alarm tone
- Multi-room groups made up of Bose and non-Bose products
- Playing and setting Bose presets
- Control of Bose home theater-specific functions (i.e. TV power, bass control, channel changes, etc.)
- Grouping/play everywhere
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!