NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Changing DVD Image option
The DVD Image setting in the system menu selects whether your system will format video from the internal DVD player, connected video source, and the system menu for an older-style 4:3 TV or a newer-style 16:9 wide screen TV.
Select a DVD Image setting.
Before you begin:
- The DVD Image setting only appears if you have set the Widescreen TV option to No 4:3. This tells the system you have an older-style 4:3 TV rather than a newer-style 16:9 widescreen TV
- The DVD Image option is only available on systems with console software 040100 or newer. For systems running earlier software, see Using the Widescreen DVD setting instead
To select a DVD Image setting:
- Power on your system and TV
- On the remote control, press the System button
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
- Scroll to the Video icon at the top of the menu, then press the Enter button
- Scroll down to DVD Image, then press the Enter button
- Scroll up or down to choose an option:
- Original lets the anamorphic image to pass without adding bars above or below the picture. An unmodified anamorphic picture will appear vertically stretched
- Modified adds black bars above and below the anamorphic image so the picture is not stretched
- Press the Exit button to exit the menu.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!