Select your remote by clicking on one of the small images shown below. The simulator for that remote will appear. Hover your cursor over the buttons on the simulator to learn about each button’s function:
Understanding your remote control
- Off: Press once to turn off your iPod. it continues charging while in the dock.
- Volume -: When your iPod is on and playing, press this button to lower the system volume. Press and hold for faster volume adjustments.
- Volume +: When your iPod is on and playing, press this button to raise the system volume. Press and hold for faster volume adjustments.
- Seek back: Press once to return to the beginning of the current track or twice to skip to the beginning of the previous track. Press and hold to scan backwards through a track.
- Seek forward: Press once to skip to the next track. Press and hold to scan forward quickly through a track.
- Play/Pause: Press once to temporarily stop a playing track; press again to resume play. Press and hold to turn off your iPod.
- iPod® navigation controls are fully functional while your iPod is docked in the system
- The iPod click wheel changes the headphone volume only. It has no effect on the SoundDock system volume