NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Speaker placement and positioning
Speaker placement can affect how your system sounds in the listening area. Get tips on positioning your speakers for the best sound quality.
- Place the speaker marked L (on the back) to the left of the TV and the other (marked R) to the right
- Keep each speaker within 3Ft (1m) of the TV screen to prevent too much separation of the sound from the picture. Vary this distance to suit your room conditions and personal preference
- Be sure to face each speaker toward the listening area. Angling one or both speakers away from the listening area significantly alters system performance
- Make sure that each speaker is at the front edge of its shelf or other surface. If the speakers are positioned farther back on a shelf or in an enclosed space sound quality is reduced
- Be sure both speakers are at approximately the same height
- The speakers must sit on their bottom surface
- The speakers are magnetically shielded, so they may be placed close to a TV monitor
- Place the Acoustimass module at the same end of the room as the TV and speaker arrays
- Keep the port and ventilation openings free and uncovered
- The Acoustimass module is not shielded, so it should be at least 18 to 24 inches from a monitor
Note: Only CRT style TVs are affected. This includes Tube style TVs and Rear Projections with CRTs
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!