Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Turning HDMI-CEC on or off
CEC (Consumer Electronics Controls) is a way for communications and operations to occur between devices connected with HDMI cables. This feature allows for one device to control basic functions of another device, such as turning a device off or change the selected input of a TV.
To turn HDMI-CEC on or off:
- In the Bose Music app, tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner.
Tip: If the a different product is shown, tap the My Bose icon in upper-left corner then select the desired product.
- Scroll down to the Power section then select Advanced CEC.
- Tap the circle next to the desired option to select it:
- On: Enables CEC (default setting)
- Option 2: This option resolves most CEC-related issues with older devices. Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices
- Option 3: Use when a TV does not send the expected 'power on' command when it turns on
- Option 4: Use when a TV does not send audio to the soundbar, or when the TV plays sound through its speakers instead of the soundbar
- Option 5: Use when the HDMI connection to the TV is lost and sound does not return after reconnecting
- Option 6: Use when a TV (or other HDMI connected device) turns back on soon after being turns off
- Option 7: Use when a TV does not send the expected 'power on' command and the TV does not respond properly when turned off
- Off: Disables CEC
- When finished, tap the back arrow in the upper-left corner to return to the previous screen, then tap the X to exit the Settings menu.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!