NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Turning HDMI-CEC on or off
CEC (Consumer Electronics Controls) is a way for communications and operations to occur between devices connected with HDMI cables. This feature allows for one device to control basic functions of another device, such as turning a device off or change the selected input of a TV.
To turn HDMI-CEC on or off:
Note: This setting applies to all HDMI devices connected to your system.
- On the remote control, press the System button
- Scroll down to 3 HDMI-CEC
- Scroll left of right to select an HDMI-CEC setting:
- DEFAULT ON: Enables CEC
- ALTERNATIVE ON: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices
- OFF: Disables CEC
- Press EXIT to exit the menu
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!