Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Bose Connect app does not detect product
If you open the Bose Connect app on your iOS or Android device but your Bose Bluetooth® product is not found or does not appear in the app, try the following:
Check that you are using the Bose Connect app.
There are several Bose apps designed for different products. Your product works with the Bose Connect app . For more info, see Download the Bose Connect app for compatible products.
Try connecting your Bose product once without using the Bose Connect app.
If the Bose Connect app cannot find your product, try first connecting your product to the smartphone using the Bluetooth® menu in the smartphone. Once connected, try the app again. For help connecting a smartphone, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device. If a connection still cannot be made, see Cannot connect a Bluetooth® device.
Uninstall and reinstall the Bose app.
In case an issue occurred with the app, uninstall it from your device, download and reinstall it, then try again.
Allow the permissions requested by the Bose Connect app.
When you first open the app, it asks for some permissions. These let the app find and control your product. If you already declined these, uninstall and reinstall the app. Then, when you open the app, allow the requested permissions when prompted.
On the Bluetooth® device, remove all entries of your Bose product.
- On the device you're trying to connecting, go to the Bluetooth settings.
- In the list of remembered Bluetooth connections, find your Bose product and remove it. You might have to choose to forget or unpair it.
- Remove any additional entries for your product in the list, including any entries that begin with "LE-".
- Try connecting again. For help connecting, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device.
Reboot the Bluetooth® device.
Electronics might need to be reset on occassion to correct minor issues. This is typically done by shutting down the device, then powering it on again.
Reset your headphones.
Product settings are not lost during this reset.
- Power off your headphones, then wait 30 seconds.
- Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait 1 minute.
- Power on your headphones and resume normal use.
Clear the headphones memory of previously-connected Bluetooth® devices.
Power on your headphones, then slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."
Be sure the Bose app is up-to-date.
If the Bose app is not the latest version, it might be missing features or improvements. On your device, go to the app store, search for the app and select it. If an update is available, install it.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!