NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Setting progressive scan for video
Your system supports progressive scan for NTSC video, which generally provides a better picture from video plays through your system. Learn how to adjust the progressive scan setting.
Changing the Progressive Scan video setting:
Note: The Progressive Scan setting is only available when using a component cable to connect the system console to a TV.
Using the on-screen menu
- Power on you system
- On the remote control, press the System button
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
- Scroll right to select Video
- Scroll down to Progressive Scan, then press the Enter button
- Press the Exit button to exit the menu.
Using the system console displayIf no image appears on your TV because of this setting, you can change it from the system display.
- Power off your system
- On the system console, press and hold the Enter button
- Within two seconds, press the On/Off button
- Repeatedly press the On/Off button until Video appears on the console display, then release the Enter and On/Off buttons
- Use the Volume up and Volume down buttons to select a video option:
- For North America, select NTSC COMPONENT or NTSC PROGRESSIVE
- For other regions, select PAL COMPONENT. (Note: Progressive scan is not supported for PAL)
- Press the On/Off button to exit the menu.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!