NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Changing the video black level
The video black level lets you adjust the appearance of the video image by increasing or decreasing the depth of the dark areas of the picture. This is useful to adjust the image to look best on the connected TV.
Changing the video black level.
The Video Black Level option is only available when a composite or S-video cable connects the media center to the TV. Changing the video black level is not an option if component cables are used to connect the media center to the TV. If you have a composite or S-video connection, follow these steps:
- Make sure the TV is on and that the correct input is selected
- Press the System button on the remote control
- Select the Video icon and press the Enter button
- Press the down arrow until "Video Black Level" is selected. Press Enter
- Press the up or down arrows to select "Normal" or "Extended"
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!