NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Determining which device codes your remote is using
Your remote control can tell you what codes have been programmed to it to enable control of your equipment. This is useful if you are changing remotes or equipment, or if want to keep the codes handy for future reference.
To determine which device code is programmed in your remote:
- On your remote, Press and hold the source button for the device you want to check (TV, CBL-SAT, or AUX) for about five seconds until the remote lights are lit
- Press the Info button
- Determine the code by counting the source button light flashes (for example, five flashes mean the number 5. Zero is indicated by a long blink):
- Press 1 and count the light flashes for the first digit
- Press 2 and count the light flashes for the second digit
- Press 3 and count the light flashes for the third digit
- Press 4 and count the light flashes for the fourth digit
- Press the Exit button
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!