Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Using playlists with iTunes
Learn how to create, export, delete and import playlists in iTunes. This helps you organize the music you own so you can easily find and play your music on your SoundTouch systems.
Playlists can be created, exported, imported, and deleted.
How to create a Playlist:
- In iTunes, Select File > New > New Playlist.
- Name the playlist.
- Move music to the playlist, this can be done by:
- Dragging and dropping the album / track on the playlist form within the sidebar.
- Right click (Secondary click for Mac) a track or album and select Add to Playlist and then the playlist you want to add the item to.
- In the Sidebar, select the Playlist you want to export.
- Right click (Secondary click for Mac) and select ‘Export’.
- If applicable, rename the Playlist in the ‘Save As’ field, select the location of where you want the file saved.
- Under ‘Format’ set the file type (M3U is recommended for compatibility).
- Click Save.
- Located the Playlist in ‘Explorer’ (‘Finder’ for Mac).
- Drag the file into iTunes.
- In the Sidebar, select the Playlist you want to delete.
- To delete the Playlist you can either:
- Right click (Secondary click for Mac) the Playlist and select ‘Delete’.
- Highlight the Playlist, select Edit > Delete from the File menu.
- Highlight the Playlist and press the ‘Delete’ key on the keyboard.
- When you are prompted, confirm the request.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!