Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Connecting other devices to your system
Learn how to a connect other audio sources to your system.
To connect TV audio to your soundbar:
Determine which HDMI connection on the TV is labeled ARC (or Audio Return Channel).
For a TV with an HDMI-ARC connection:
- Connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC jack on your TV to the HDMI ARC jack on the back of the soundbar. The HDMI cable should be rated as High Speed or better.
- Some televisions require user activation of the ARC functionbefore it will send the audio signal to the soundbar. If no sound is heard, be sure the TV audio and HDMI settings are set properly within the TV settings menu.
For a TV without an HDMI-ARC connection:
- Disconnect any HDMI cable connected to the HDMI input on the soundbar.
- Locate the optical output connection on your TV. If one cannot be located, refer to its owner's guide. A TV without an HDMI-ARC or optical output connection is incompatible.
- Connect an optical cable from the optical output on your TV to the OPTICAL IN connection on the back of the soundbar.
- Check for sound by pressing the TV button on the soundbar remote. If no sound is heard, be sure the TV audio and optical settings are set properly within the TV settings menu.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!