NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Bose Music app does not detect product
If the app cannot find the product you have already added to your Bose account, it might show "searching" or "unavailable" when trying to select that product. In some cases, the product might not show up in the app if it is not found. To resolve this, try the following:
Be sure you are using the Bose Music app.
There are several Bose apps designed for different products. Your product works with the Bose Music app . For more info, see Downloading the Bose Music app.
Reboot the device running the Bose app.
Electronics might need to be rebooted from time to time to correct minor issues. This is typically done by powering off the device completely and then powering it back on again.
Close and re-open the Bose app.
Closing an app varies by device and operating system. Common methods for mobile devices are shown below:
On iOS devices:
On iOS devices:
- Depending on your iOS device, either double-tap the Home button or swipe up from the bottom center of the screen to view active apps
- Swipe left or right to find the app you want to close
- Swipe up on the app to close it.
- On the home screen, press and hold the app icon
- Tap App info from the pop-up that appears
- On the App Info screen, tap Force Stop.
If using iOS 13 or newer, be sure Bluetooth® permissions are enabled for the Bose app.
When you first install the Bose app on an iPhone or iPad with iOS version 13 or newer, you will be prompted to allow Bluetooth permissions for the app. You must allow this for the app to work properly. To check that Bluetooth is allowed for the app, do one of the following on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth and enable Bluetooth permissions for the Bose app
- Go to Settings, then scroll down and select the Bose app. Under Allow Bose Music To Access, enable Bluetooth
In the Bose Music app, remove your product and then re-add it.
For more info, see Removing a product from your Bose Music account and Adding a product to your Bose Music account.