QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones — Samsung and Android™ devices
Sold from 2015 - 2015
NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Cleaning ear tips and mesh grilles
It is important to keep your eartips and the mesh grilles under the eartips clean and free of debris. If there is debris on either, it can inteferere with the speakers in your product and affect sound quality. Find out how to clean your product.
Clean your product.
Cleaning the eartips
- Remove the tips from the earbuds
- Wash the eartips with mild soap
- Rinse the eartips clean with water
- Dry the eartips with a soft cloth
- Before reattaching the eartips, leave them in the open for an extended period so any excess moisture can dry.
Cleaning the earbuds
- Remove the eartips from the earbuds
- Lightly wipe mesh screens on the openings of the earbuds with a soft dry cloth. Take care not to push earwax or debris into the openings.
If earwax has built up on your earbuds and cannot be wiped off, follow these steps to remove it.
- Remove the tips from your earbuds
- Put on protective gloves for your skin before you begin cleaning
- Use a soft cloth or tissue to apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only) to the mesh surface at the opening of the earbud. Take care not to allow excess liquid to enter the opening
- Let the hydrogen peroxide sit for 5 minutes so it can soften the wax
- Wet a soft-bristled tooth brush with hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only)
- Gently scrub the mesh surface to loosen and remove the wax. Take care not to allow excess liquid to enter the opening of the earbud
- Once clean, gently shake out any excess liquid and debris
- Dry earbud with a soft cloth
- Before reattaching the eartips, leave your earbuds in the open for an extended period so any excess moisture can dry.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!