NOT YOUR PRODUCT?
Enter a search term in the field above.
Nothing found. Please enter a valid search (i.e., connection help, no audio from headphones, etc.).
Back to article
Turning Audio / Range Compression on or off
Audio compression evens out the volume level heard through your system by decreasing loud audio and increasing the level of quieter audio. This is useful if you frequently have to adjust volume while listening to sound on your system—or if louder sections of audio are interrupting people nearby.
To select an audio compression setting:
Note: The compression setting is applied to all sound from your system.
- On the remote control, press the System button
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected.
- Scroll down to select AUDIO COMP
- Scroll left or right to select a compression setting:
- Off is the detault setting
- Enhance dialogue increases clarity of dialogue and sound effects at low volume settings
- Smart volume evens volume levels, making louder sounds quieter and quieter sounds louder
- Press the EXIT button to exit the menu.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!