These round Virtually InvisibleĀ® in-ceiling speakers are engineered with one 5" woofer and two strategically positioned 3/4" tweeters each, eliminating the need to aim the speaker into the room. The acoustic design allows for full, even sound coverage, while their smaller size increases placement options. Exclusive Bose Stereo Everywhereā¢ speaker performance provides balanced stereo sound over a wider area, with no drop-offs. Sold as a pair.
A high-quality BoseĀ® in-ceiling speaker
- Each speaker has one 5" woofer and two strategically positioned 3/4" tweeters
- High-quality, full-range performance that most other installed speakers can't match
- Exclusive Stereo Everywhereā¢ speaker performance covers the room with balanced stereo soundāno drop-offs
- A near-bezel-less construction blends elegantly into the room's design; easily paintable grilles
- Standard dogleg clamps and magnetically attached grilles make installation fast and easy
The sound stands out. The speakers blend in.
The ultra slim bezel is attached directly to the speaker grille, allowing them to be easily painted in one simple step and blend elegantly into the room. And with no cloth scrim, thereās no worry of excess paint clumping or soaking in. Plus, magnets allow them to snap on and off quickly.
Installation is quick and easy with standard dogleg clamps.
- Speakers:3.8" H x 8.1" Diameter (3.2 lbs)
In the box
- Speaker grilles
Other items you may need
- Speaker wire (For help choosing the appropriate gauge, see the ownerās manual.)
What makes Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers different from other in-ceiling speakers?
The Virtually InvisibleĀ® family of speakers delivers superior all-around performance relative to most competitors in their price and size class. Compared to typical in-ceiling speakers and in-wall speakers, Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers produce more spacious sound and play lower notes. They also avoid hot spots common to many other overhead speakers.
In which types of ceiling construction can Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers be installed?
Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers can be installed in wood frame construction covered with wallboard made of gypsum, plaster and lath, paneling or similar construction. They can be installed in ceilings containing malleable fiberglass batt insulation or blown-in cellulose insulation, but not rigid foam insulation or asbestos.
Can I install Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers myself?
Yes. Virtually InvisibleĀ® speakers use industry-standard installation techniques. If youāre comfortable cutting drywall and working with a screwdriver, you can install a speaker. The difficulty of running speaker wire varies greatly depending on the house.