Bose 151 SE environmental speakers feature enhanced performance and durability for full stereo sound in a wide listening area. Sleek styling and rugged construction make these our most popular outdoor stereo speakers for music around the pool, on a patio, or even on a boat. Adjustable mounting brackets allow you to hang the speakers vertically or horizontally, so they blend easily into your environment.
Our most popular outdoor speakers
- Full stereo sound over a wide listening area
- Mount horizontally or vertically with included brackets/hardware
- Tested to withstand snow, rain, salt and extreme temperatures
- Suitable for use as boat speakers
These Bose outdoor speakers feature an Articulated Array┬« speaker design. Inside each speaker are three 2┬Ż" full-range drivers arranged to deliver full stereo sound across a much wider area than conventional outdoor speakers.
The result is Stereo Everywhere┬« speaker performance for a consistent listening experience as you move from deck to pool to yard. With these exterior speakers you can enjoy consistent Bose quality sound across a wider area, not just one sweet spot.
Weather won't come between you and quality
Our weather resistant speakers have stood up to some of nature's worst conditions. For more than ten years we've been testing Bose environmental speakers against snow, rain, salt and temperature extremes of 158┬║ F (70┬║C) to -40┬║ F (-40┬║C). For the boaters, we even put them through 1,200 hours of salt-fog testing, which is twice the demanding Marine Industry Standard. And they come with a five-year limited warranty.
- Bose environmental testing simulates exposure to sunlight, rain, heat, ice, salt and waterÔÇöproof of the extreme conditions these outdoor speakers can endure and still deliver reliable, long-lasting performance.
- Articulated Array┬« speaker design includes precisely positioned drivers to provide a large, consistent sound field for outdoor listening.
- Adjustable installation allows you to mount these exterior speakers horizontally or vertically depending on your preference.
- Stereo Everywhere┬« speaker performance produces balanced stereo sound over a wide area. The result of proprietary Bose technologies, these speakers let you enjoy balanced sound throughout the listening area, unlike conventional speakers that radiate sound mostly in a single direction.
- Full-range glass-filled speaker cone (2.5") offers reliable, high quality sound reproduction across audible frequenciesÔÇöeven under extreme temperature and weather conditions.
- Glass-filled polypropylene cabinet provides added yearlong protection against weather extremes.
- Slot-port tuning reduces air turbulence for cleaner and deeper reproduction of music's lower notes.
- Weather-resistant brackets and hardware withstand the rigors of year-round outdoor placement.
- Syncom┬« computer tested to ensure one of the highest levels of quality and reliability in the audio industry.
- Each speaker:12.5" H x 4.5" W x 6" D
In the box
- 2 Speakers
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 2 Bracket locking screws
- 4 Bracket-to-speaker mounting screws (1/4" x 9/16")
- 4 Wood screws (#12 x 1 3/4")
- 2 Lock washers (#8)
- 4 Lock washers (1/4")
- 4 Wall anchors (#12 x 1")
Other items you may need
- Speaker wire (For help choosing the appropriate gauge, see the owner's manual.)
Can I mount the speakers horizontally and vertically?
151 SE┬áspeakers are designed to mount both horizontally and vertically.
What conditions and temperature extremes can these speakers withstand?
151 speakers are designed to withstand:
- Sun, high humidity (rain and snow), salt and fog
- Temperature extremes (-40┬░ F to 158┬░ F; -40┬░ C to 70┬░ C)
- Permanent outdoor installation
Can these speakers be combined with my Lifestyle┬« or SoundTouch system?
Yes. You can combine these with the SA-5 amplifier to expand your Lifestyle SoundTouch entertainment system or SoundTouch home theater system to a second room or outdoors.